Thursday, May 19, 2005

LEISURE TIME ACTIVITIES Part One

When I'm not out fishing, which tends to take up most of my days, I enjoy sitting by the stove with a bottle of Southern Comfort and listening to the shortwave radio. India is directly north of here, so I'm guessing that some of the strange language I'm hearing at times is Hindi. After having lived here for a few years and following this nightly routine, I've found that the more I drink the more I seem to understand the various languages I hear. The other night I was convinced that the announcer was telling me I needed to climb the mountain's highest island, Mt. Ross, in my red Converse hightops. I stood up and swore at the radio, but I knew the announcer was right. I will be preparing to make the ascent sometime during the next several weeks.

Here is a picture of Mt. Ross:



Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

I don't know how I'm going to get Charley up the mountain too, but I will figure out a way.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counters